Tired of sneezing, headaches, and a stuffy nose? Relief might be only a phone call away. If you have further questions or would like to schedule a carpet cleaning appointment with us, just call 385-8444.
Again that number is 385-8444. We’ll be happy to schedule a free, exact in-home quote prepared exclusively for you.
The American Lung Association reports that controlling allergies and asthma begins at home. By reducing the allergens around your home that trigger attacks, you can breathe easier and reduce your susceptibility to future episodes. When it comes to allergies, there are thousands of irritants that can potentially cause allergy and asthma attacks, but researchers estimate that at least 80% of these attacks are triggered by one common culprit: Dust mite feces.
Sounds nasty, doesn’t it? It is.
Have you ever seen a dust mite up close? Chances are you wouldn’t. Dust mites are microscopic creatures that lurk about your home unseen. When magnified, however, these itty, bitty insects look like spiders!
Seven thousand of these creatures can fit on a single fingernail. Up to two hundred million dust mites can infest your home at any given time, and they can double their population in ten hours. But this isn’t the real problem, the trouble is each dust mites can produce up to 40 pieces of feces a day and it is a protein in this refuse that research reveals cause most allergy and asthma attacks.
Carpeting, furniture, mattresses, pillows and stuffed animals serve as breeding grounds for dust mites and are littered with their dead bodies and waste. In fact, it’s estimated that at least one-tenth of the weight of your two year old pillow is dust mite feces.
As you walk across your carpet in your home, any feces in the fibers are launched airborne and can hang around in the air for quite some time, ending up on your eyes, nose, and even in your lungs.
Dust mite feces is one of the hardest allergens to control, but it’s not impossible. There are steps that you can take today to help rid your home of this problem. First...
- Place your mattresses and pillows in allergy-impermeable covers
- Wash your all your bedding and pillows in hot water once a week
- Vacuum regularly, using a “high-efficiency particulate air filter”, HEPA filter, so that microscopic allergens aren’t released back into the air through your vacuum’s exhaust.
- Electrostatic filters helps remove airborne particles and some dust mites.
- Have your air ducts in your heating and air conditioning system cleaned at least once a year.
- Professionally clean your upholstery, drapes and curtains every six months to a year.
- And most importantly, clean your carpets every three to six months using hot water extraction to get your carpets thoroughly cleaned.
To get all the dirt, allergens, chemicals and other pollutants out, major carpet manufacturers recommend one cleaning method over all the others – hot water extraction, like Ultrasteam uses. A shampooer that you rent from the grocery store can’t even begin to deliver the same results. Here’s why:
- For every 18 degree increase in water temperature above 118 degrees Fahrenheit, the water’s cleaning ability is doubled. This means hot water extraction can get you carpets 4 to 5 times cleaner…
- The truck-mounted equipment used for hot water extraction shoots the cleaning solution into your carpet at a high pressure to break up all the allergens, dirt and other pollutants.
- Then the equipment uses strong suction to draw out all residues, including dust mite feces from your carpet, leaving you with not only a clean carpet but also a healthy carpet.
- Carpets dry in two to three hours, leaving you with a clean carpet and less allergens to trigger an attack.
In addition to health concerns, with regular professional cleaning and proper maintenance, your carpets will last longer and look better for years to come. In fact, many carpet manufacturers require you to have your carpets cleaned annually to maintain your warranty.
At Ultrasteam we use only hot water extraction to give your carpets their most thorough cleaning ever. Our technicians are trained and certified by the IICRC. In addition, we fully guarantee every cleaning job we do. If you aren’t happy with our work, we’ll re-clean carpets for free. If you still aren’t satisfied, you don’t pay anything.
In addition to carpet cleaning, Ultrasteam offers Upholstery and mattress cleaning for complete environmental control And, we can apply a natural, plant-derived Allergy Relief Treatment to most textiles, to denature allergens for up to 6 months, and giving you results that you’ll tell your friends about!